Michael Havener Community Service Scholarship
New Britain Civic Association is offering a $500.00 education scholarship to a deserving graduating senior from one of the following area high schools. Central Bucks West, Central Bucks East, Central Bucks South, Arch-Bishop Wood or Lansdale Catholic. The scholarship will be awarded on a competitive basis. Deadline for application is April 30, 2013. Recipient of the scholarship will be announced no later than 05/15/2013.
Michael Havener was an extraordinary example of an individual who gave back to his community. A resident of New Britain for over 26 years, Michael was involved in many aspects of the community. He coached numerous sports for the Lenape Valley Recreation Council and served as Baseball Commissioner for a number of years. He was a Scout Leader and a dedicated, long time member of the New Britain Civic Association Board of Directors.
1. Graduating senior in 2013
2. Minimum GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0 scale
3. Scholarship will be awarded based on civic involvement within the Central Bucks community
- Complete the following application. If the form is incomplete, inaccurate or unsigned it will not be considered.
- Copy of your official high school transcript or a copy of your most recent report card which states the students GPA should be submitted with the application.
- Copy of a letter of acceptance from an accredited college, university or vocational school etc.
- Letters of recommendation are optional. Letters can be from a current or past instructor, school official, neighbor, community leader, or spiritual leader familiar with your qualifications, civic involvement and career goals.
- Applicant should include a personal statement that describes one or more of the following:
- Reason(s) you feel that you deserve to receive the scholarship
- Benefits you have received from community service
- Provide any relevant information about yourself that is not captured elsewhere within the application that should be considered
Return the completed application along with supporting documentation by April 30, 2013 to the following address.
New Britain Civic Association
PO Box 5124, New Britain, PA 18901
Please click here to download the application form.